Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Last Parade

It rained all night

Dreaming, seemingly even bringing rocks to life

The clouds have eclipsed the sun, fogs everywhere

Inviting me, enticing me, to return to the air

But it’ll be stayed, because today is my day

Family united, with frowns upon their face

Even though I’m in the shade

I’m still here don’t be afraid

It’s my last parade



The tear stained trail behind, the sunlit path ahead

Nothings guaranteed

Hopes on the horizon, faith guides my feet

Life is what leads

No matter the confetti of cries,

No balloons of sadness will eclipse the skies

The memories will entertain us

The memories will sustain us

The memories will not constrain us

The memories contain the

Laughter, smiles, keys to keep on keeping on

Keep your head high, don’t weep on see the sun

My paths already paved, the route of my last parade



The procession proceeds

A collection of leaves

Though tattered, though scattered, they matter

Even without a connection to trees

On my erection it reads...both my birth dates

Last one’s bigger, reason why we here in the first place

Worst case scenario-No heaven, No worries

There is still life after, I’m not buried

Not in the photos, assets or accomplishments

In the hearts, heads and accomplishments

Of those I helped, facilitated or inspired

The wingless phoenix, comes back in the fire

Of those who eyes I stirred up ire

The casket can no longer be stayed

For I have already been prayed

I have been lifted, now lowered, yet I’m unafraid

of the end of my last parade…





Inspired by Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment