Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You Don't Even Know My Name (JOATMON)

I know you...
I know your name
I know how your eyes dance when the sunlight hits them @ the right angle
I know how when you smile, your left one is lower than your right
I know how your smile tilts to the left
I know you love the Jordan 3s in the original colors
I know you were a tomboy before college, so you still walk awkward in heels
I know you got a man
I know you it hard it was to go to a meeting after he slept with your neo
I know you wore sunglasses for weeks straight to cover up the tears and smugged mascara
I know you wanted to leave, but doubted you can find better
I know you want better
I know I'm better

But you dont know that...
You don't know I wait to see pass by everyday
You don't know that we got class in the same building, and I hold the door when you arrive and as you leave
You don't know that I slid you those notes in your bag, when you were too heartbroken to pay attention
You don't know that I hid that last pair of III's that no one could find, just for you when they released
You don't know that I would never treat you wrong
You don't know true happiness yet, because you don't know me
You don't know the color of my eyes
You don't know the sound of my voice
Hell...you don't even know my name

@TRPHIPPS
TRPOETRY
JOATMON
TRPASTICHE

No comments:

Post a Comment