Wednesday, December 29, 2010

1st and 15th (JOATMON)

Pulling in thirty K, paying off Sallie Mae
Finding access to success through the alleyways
Thought school was an alley-oop to fair ways in Calloways
But when that galaxy found gravity, fell the facade of fallacy
REALITY
Hourly what the fuck is salary
IDK what salad is feasted on my sorrows to the morrow- devoured me
Got fat off my fears and "coulda been" calories
Never thought I'd be a drone
Never thought I'd be a clone
Single for three years never thought I'd be alone
Graduated highest honors never thought I'd get a loan
Got that refund check how did I ever get along
Fresh crib, fresh whip, stocked fridge with a phone
Cuz I was balling in college, I may never get a home
In heartbreaks hotel and mediocrity's motel
Apartments of Apathy Who Cares, O'Well
Dreams of Pulitzers, Oscars, Grammys and Nobels
The tragedy of imagining...Who Cares, O'Well
So sails my yacht of youth, salutations to my wants
In debt to credit and them bills debit first of the month
....clocking in...
....checking out...

Jack of All Trades...Master of None
TRPastiche
@TRPhipps
TRPoetry

1 comment: